Illustration Friday - HEAVY

This is the concept I came up with 'heavy' that in a 'humanature' way. The branches are too heavy for this tree to tolerate. I exaggerated the tree root into just one root at the bottom to hold a prosperous branches at the top. Besides, it is situated at the top of a cliff by the ocean. I used this illustration to give the praise to our Creator who makes something very extraordinary for us to see and appreciate. I got a happy accident that I taped this illustration on the board with artist tapes, after I finished the painting and removed the tapes that make unexpected edges to my painting. Happy Easter!!

Comments

Sycla said…
Your 'humanature' pieces are very evocative and mythical. Your piece for 'heavy' is no exception. Well done!
Curious Art said…
I've always been fascinated by those windblown cliffside trees... lovely colors twisted in the branches here.
Loni Edwards said…
This is beautiful! Nice job!
Bee said…
Nice work, you can really feel the weight with the way your have presentated the posture and the abundant branches.
Kathleen Rietz said…
Very nice, Timothy. I did not see the human figure at first, so it was a surprise when I noticed it. I love the angle of the sea. Very nicely done, and I appreciate that you gave credit to our Creator. Have a Happy Easter.
This is very beautiful. Wonderful colours - and I very much like your style
Issi said…
Hi Tim, wonderful illo :o)
My paper is aquarellblock 150 g/m2
http://www.herlitz.de/webkatalog/herlitz2007/de/suche.php?showArticle=00495457001&txtArtnr=&txtEan=&txtBezeichnung=c
Best Wishes,
Issi :o)
ELLA ELVIANA said…
wow, that's really deep..! well done.
Kathleen Rietz said…
Hi Timothy, Thanks for all of your nice comments and visits to my blog. Have a joyous Easter. - kate

Popular Posts